Rawhide Bones

CrazyDiego

This might be a weird question, but what exactly are those rawhide bones made from? I got Diego just a plain one. He chews on that thing till his gums are bleeding...LOL What makes them so tasty?? LOL

EliNHunter

I don't want to scare you, as I wish they would do some studies on this, but it's cattle hyde preserved in formalahyde (sp). At least for the ones coming from South America where they mostly come from. Been known to cause cancer because of the way the preserve the hyde. I'm not sure, but I'm not taking any chances. Only fresh bones for my babies, as I lost my beloved lab and golden within a year of each other after they had eaten rawhides for the past 10 years. Both due to Lymphoma :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I found a company that says no preservatives or chemicals..so no formaldehyde so IS that ok? Victor really misses his chews.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
smkie, why don't you try some bully sticks or dried beef tendons?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah i would actually stay away from Rawhides all around they just make me nervouse. I make my own dog biscuts and chews from natural things so i know what their getting. Also my dogs get beef and lamb bones which they love.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ok..I will go find some, thanks mordy for the link

I feel so fortunate to have access to the AgriFeed and Pet Store in Knoxville. They have these huge beef bones that Shiva just loves - and they're not only from the U.S., they're organic! She doesn't get them very often, though, because she's such a brat to Bimmer and Kharma over bones. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.