Canidae

LoveMyKees

Love My KEEShond
This is LoveMyKees' mother. I currently give my dog both dry and soft Canidae. He is 60 lbs. I've spoiled him with both, and we need to make things more economical. Is there a way to adjust him to just the dry food? Also, how can I make the dry food tastier? Can I add some gravy?

Thanks!

showpug

Try mixing in a whole raw egg into the kibble everyday. Many dogs love that and it's full of nutrients. Or, you can always hard boil one and crumble it into the kibble...

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
You could also add fresh or frozen veggies to the food.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Maybe mix some of NB's dog food roll in. It crumbles and you don't have to use a lot to get her interested. So the roll can last. I freeze it in slices.

I give yougart sometimes, natural pumpkin, natural peanut butter, and low fat oil, but what I use on almost a daily basis is chopped carrots. My dog did not show much enthusiasm for Innova until I started adding the fresh carrots.

I sometimes also add broccoli, but he does not like it so I have to disguies it with the carrots, lol

hbwright

Wow, I'm not the OP but great ideas. I'm glad I read this thread. I've been wanting to wean my senior dog off of the wet food she's insisted on the past few months after losing her best companion.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
have you tried just adding some water to the kibble? I feed canidae and I just add some water to the kibble. Parmesean cheese I heard helps to tempt a dog to eat as well.

Members online

No members online now.