It's my anniversary

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Well... today marks two years that Josh and I have been married...

and I don't really know how I feel about it right now...

I keep having people wish me a happy anniversary or saying "Oh yayyyy such a happy day for you!" but... maybe I'm just having a really bad day right now, but I don't feel like jumping up and down in joy over it.

I love him, don't get me wrong... but... well... I'm not going to rehash it since majority of this forum knows my personal life more than I should probably have ever let spill out.

Has anyone ever felt like this on an anniversary?

Oh and he left this morning without even saying goodbye... probably because there was a little argument last night. I doubt he even knows it's our anniversary honestly and he'll probably be working late again. oh well. Maybe he'll surprise me? Doubt it, but you never know. We have been doing better lately, except for the past couple weeks since stress has been on hiatus.

Have you ever hit a milestone and just felt drab about it? It could be an anniversary, a birthday, etc.

ACooper

Well, I wished you a happy anniversary on FB......but that's because I truly hope it IS (or turns into) a happy day for you :)

And yes, I ALWAYS feel drab about my birthday. As far back as I can remember, I never liked my birthday, getting older, CHANGE. Don't get me wrong, I love presents, LOL.....just not my birthday. Even now, my birthday is over two months away and the dread has started. I know, I'm weird, LOL

And sweetie, try hard not to hold it against him if he doesn't remember. He's a guy, and remembering things besides sports stats is not something they are particularly good at.....doesn't mean he doesn't care about the date, just means he forgot it WAS the date.

Taqroy

I'm pretty meh about my birthday. It's just another day and half the time I forget how old I am anyway. :p

Me and Matt have forgotten our anniversary for the last three years. I usually have to check facebook to figure out what the date even is. (I just had to go look and it's the 26th, not the 28th like I thought it was. Whoops.)

CaliTerp07

My husband got invited to a poker tournament with some work buddies last week. The guy hosting it sent out a calendar to select the date, they all picked a good day, and he said that was great. Went home, told wifey the guys were coming over that day...and she goes, "Oh, cool...we're playing poker for our anniversary?"

Oops.

I hope your day ends up being better than expected.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Well he just updated his facebook status to "Yall can kiss my a$$" and then texted me saying "Don't expect me to be home anytime soon" so I'm guess it's not going to get any better today. About to crawl into bed and snuggle the dogs for a bit.

I don't know what is going on with him today? I'm seriously confused.

SkyRock

Well he just updated his facebook status to "Yall can kiss my a$$" and then texted me saying "Don't expect me to be home anytime soon" so I'm guess it's not going to get any better today. About to crawl into bed and snuggle the dogs for a bit.

What is something that you really really like to do? Go out and do it, don't let his actions decide if you should feel happy or not :) Just go out and do something you love, not because it is your anniversary but because you deserve some happy time too!

Anniversaries are milestones -- and milestones are markers, units of measure that allow you to consider the journey.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Go do something with the dogs.

SaraB

Is there a chance (even a small one) that he could have seen this thread?

Doberluv

Awww...I'm so sorry. Life is too short (take it from me) to spend it being unhappy. Josh sounds like a real 'winner.' I know you love him or the "him" you thought he would be or you wish he could be....or the "him" you hope he'll morph into. I know I wouldn't waste another second, but I'm one to want to LIVE life every second that I have. I've wasted enough time with real losers, so....

I hope, for now though, you can go do something fun...just you and the dogs. Or maybe a friend and you can go out for lunch or dinner together. Splurge. I guess you can be "with" him and still make your own life along side him, do things you like to do, hobbies, friends, dogs. I wish you all the best in the future.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Is there a chance (even a small one) that he could have seen this thread?
I doubt it. He wouldn't take the time to check up on me on Chaz. He hates computers... if he does see it then whatever at this point. I just wish he would come home so we can talk.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
A friend of mine who actually works for my landlord (the landlord's daughter inlaw) is going to hang out with me as soon as she is done with work. She's upstairs right now working so I'm hanging out until she is done.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Ugh, I'm sorry :(

That's good that you're going to hang out with a friend, though. You don't deserve to be stuck inside and upset.

Doberluv

I'm so glad you've got a friend to hang out with. That should make your day better. And no, you don't deserve to be stuck all alone and sad.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Go take a shower, put on nice clothes and a little makeup before you go out. It'll feel great. :)

monkeys23

You guys should take the dogs on a nice hike. Watching the dogs have fun is real good medicine. Glad you have such an awesome friend! :)

Grab

I hope your day turns out splendid, even if not the way you'd anticipated :)

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Amber, I hoped your day ended up being wonderful and full of fun!! I'm sorry Josh is being a grouch, men suck sometimes lol

Tyler and my anniversary ends up being on Canada day, and that means usually we are surrounded by tons of drunk people. Im waiting for the day our anniversary will be spend with just the two of us some where romantic.. it will happen one day,

Members online

No members online now.