wierd neighbours?

poeluvr

did u know well it s law here, but dogs are not allowed to bark if it desturbs neighbours my panphlet says"there are NO "ok to bark hours" despit what people may think"..thats what it says...luckily poe is pretty good at not barking..once in awhile(blue moon) ....BUT hes a dog so hopefully no one will complain.
there were people who complained about boggles barking(we were working on it) ..and we understood their concern...butthey called us ignorant, and this wil not be tolerated...and they will sue us..and they didnt put there names because they said they do not want to be "picked on or patronized by the owners" like my mom and dad weould do that?
well any ways a month after our dog was a victim of hot dog poisoning people put hotdogs with poison and threw them over the fence so the dog would eat it and die...i sure hope it wasnt that people who wrote the notes but who knows...luckily he was ok...even though he died months l8r from seizures.

Last edited:
If someone works all night long and sleeps during the day why would it be ok to have dogs barking at nothing during the day? Where I lived, before I came here that was the case. Instead of getting pissy about it we just moved. Moving is a lot of energy and expense and I wasnt very happy with it and I like dogs. I dont feel that its right for our activities to ever interfere with the folks around us.

poeluvr

the point im trying to make is not if they were right or wrong, but how they came about it...calling us ignorant not putting their names cuz they think we'll pick on them, is not the way to go about it at all...IM SSORRY...but that wasnt the point at all.
...besides im pretty sure they did the hotdog thing..wont get into details and dont know for sure...but have many leads to back me up. and he didnt bark that bad at all...and i said i understand their situation..we made sure it wasnt inconvienent.. i dont know where ur going with this. the point was the neighbours and what they did and said not my dog barking, many dogs bark at my street one house got two pup hounds boy they wake u up at 1 oclock..my dog never did that.. just cuz he barked a few times doesnt mean they have a right to do and say what they did?!
so ur saying im getting pissy about it?
ecuse me but i will not tolerate ppl calling my family ignorant and bullies and then waht happened to my dog?
im sorry but i do get pissy and still hold a grudge when my dog is suspiciously poisoned...my neighbourhood also found out it was some1 on our street.........he didnt even really bark thats the point and they had then nerve to not even say who they were PREDICTING" WE WOULD BE RUDE TO THEM, AND VERBALLY ATTACK THEM"......thats the point...guys plz dont say well u shouldnt let ur dog bark..i didnt explain it well on my first post but he only barked when we were playing with him out in the yard...for a toy or such

LEA said:
the point im trying to make is not if they were right or wrong, but how they came about it...calling us ignorant not putting their names cuz they think we'll pick on them, is not the way to go about it at all...IM SSORRY...but that wasnt the point at all.
Fearing retaliation isnt unwarranted. People who do things within the law have very little recorse to deal with people who have no regard for it. The problem is people dont have the information about someones desire to adhere to the laws until it is too late. If you have a dog that makes noise in an area where someone lives that doesnt like it and said person has either no faith in the law or no regard for it you will find that your dog gets silenced one way or another. I am not saying that it is right, Im just saying that, that is the way it is.

Many dog owners dont think that their dogs little bit of growling at the kids by the fence isnt a big problem. They dont think that their little darlings barking is really all that bad. They dont think that an occasional confrontation between man and dog warrants death for the dog. What dog lovers see as cute playfullness is seen by others as mischief.

In my case someones cute little puppy cost me several nights sleep, about $2300 in moving expenses counting deposit for the next place, a week of searching for a place to live, a week of labor tacked on to working 10 hours a day anyway and the stress of juggling all this. My options were to deal with a city mini government (that I had no faith in), deal with the dog owners that just added to the noise by yelling shut up at the dog after I did, move or... you guessed it the famous decon in the hamburger trick. I chose to move I dealt with all of that because people didnt think that being quiet in the day is important too.

poeluvr

well he wasnt barking!!! i doubt he was anything like the dog that was in ur neigbourhood.

Julie

I am back again.
I am sorry for your loss of your dog.

I can understand both sides of the fence. My husband also sleeps during the day, but most of the time dog barking doesn't bother him, sound sleeper I guess.

In our neighborhood 90% of the people have dogs outside during the day, either tied or in a fence. So I guess nobody complains because most are at fault themselves.

But to poison a dog is not the right course of action.
It really is hard to keep a dog quiet 100% of the time.

I guess we are really lucky where we live to have understanding neighbors.

When a strange dog gets loose and runs through our neighborhood, all the dogs in the whole neighborhood go off, barking and it sounds like a huge dog kennel or something. Then when strange dog leaves everything is quiet again. Even though these dogs don't have contact with each other, they know and communicate thru each other and warn about strangers.
Has nothing to do with this thread, but thought it is kinda cool.

Julie.

LEA said:
well he wasnt barking!!! i doubt he was anything like the dog that was in ur neigbourhood.
Oh I guess I misunderstood this

LEA said:
luckily poe is pretty good at not barking..once in awhile(blue moon) ....BUT hes a dog so hopefully no one will complain.
there were people who complained about boggles barking(we were working on it)

Melissa_W

LEA said:
there were people who complained about boggles barking(we were working on it) ..and we understood their concern...butthey called us ignorant, and this wil not be tolerated...and they will sue us..and they didnt put there names because they said they do not want to be "picked on or patronized by the owners" like my mom and dad weould do that?
well any ways a month after our dog was a victim of hot dog poisoning people put hotdogs with poison and threw them over the fence so the dog would eat it and die...i sure hope it wasnt that people who wrote the notes but who knows...luckily he was ok...even though he died months l8r from seizures.
Buckshot, if you read the original post, she said that she understood their concern.

They shouldn't have called you ignorant and threatened to sue you. That's pretty unproductive.

That's horrible that someone poisoned your dog! How awful. :mad: Definitely be careful with Poe if people like that are living in your neighborhood.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
LEA said:
butthey called us ignorant, and this wil not be tolerated...and they will sue us..and they didnt put there names because they said they do not want to be "picked on or patronized by the owners" like my mom and dad weould do that?.
They probably didn't know your parents so they probably didn't want to take a chance of retaliation for reporting your dog. I can sympathize with them on that point because you just don't know what some people will do if you get them mad.

I'm sorry your dog was poisened, even if it didn't die then it's just sad.

Melissa_W said:
Buckshot, if you read the original post, she said that she understood their concern.

They shouldn't have called you ignorant and threatened to sue you. That's pretty unproductive.

That's horrible that someone poisoned your dog! How awful. :mad: Definitely be careful with Poe if people like that are living in your neighborhood.
First off let me say that I dont condone poisoning a dog. I feel sorry for people when they lose a cherished pet.

>>You have to look though the eyes of your enemies.<<

Understood their concern? What does that mean? Does that mean making the problem go away or making these people pissed off for only another couple of weeks. I know in my case the dog just would bark a few times then be quiet for 15 minutes or so then bark a few more times. That really isnt very much barking, just enough to where I couldnt sleep. Some people sleep like grim death. I sleep well in constant noise, diesel generators, frogs, crickets or even a stereo on low, but intermitent noise like horns honking and dog barks can wake me if they are many blocks away. Even if it wasnt a sleep issue the guy just may not be dog people. There is also the possibility that the person mentioned didnt do it and some much more sinister loser sitting around in his basement wearing his grandmothers underwear did it.

Melissa_W

heh... I don't know what Lea meant. I assumed it meant that she was sympathetic with them, and would try to correct the problem. But that's just my interpretation. You'll have to ask her what exactly she meant by that.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I wish I could have sent a pamplet to the people across the alley at my other house. They had a GSD that was kept in a 9x6 chainlink enclosure and I'm pretty sure the only contact it got was when someone came out to feed it. I can't say, because I never saw it get fed. Anyway, this dog would bark CONSTANTLY. Day, night, blue moon or no, it was barking. And GSD barks are loud and carry quite well. Lucky me had my window on that side of the house and had to keep the window open to keep the room at a decent temperature just about year round.

Calling Animal Control didnt' do much, so I bought ear plugs instead.

bubbatd

When the new pitt moved next to me , ( out side my bedroom window ) it barked all night long. I realized it was a new home for the poor baby, and put up with it. A wek later he was quiet all night. My backyard neighbors have 3 dogs and they and Chip do vocalize when all are out. I let it go for about 5 minutes and then tell Chip to cool it. I do agree, if there's a dog that is barking just for the sake of barking or in need of water/food/attention, bring it to the attention of the owner. Not that it's a bother for you, but you're worried about the dog.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I've since moved, but AC basically said that since the dog had 'adequate shelter' (a wooden box kennel with a blue plastic tarp to keep off the rain/sun) and didn't appear to be in dire need of food and it had a water bowl, then there was nothing they could do. Barking noise complaints are at the bottom of the list for officers. If it's not barking when they drive by, then they do nothing.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm very sorry that someone poisoned your dog. I understand where you are coming from but I also understand where your neighbors are coming from. Dogs are dogs and dogs are going to bark. You can't tell a dog that it's not ok to bark, that's like telling a person it's not ok to talk. No amount of training will train a dog not to bark ever agian. Although some people find barking distracting and innapropriate (especially those who don't own dogs). People who don't own dogs usually don't own them for a reason (they don't want to put up with the mess and all the noise that comes along with a dog). So people who don't own dogs feel like they shouldn't have to put up with someone else's dog barking or messing in their yard. That is why a dog barking law is in place. Although I don't think it was good that the people poisoned your poor pup.

poeluvr

ok guys, i t would have been easy for me to stop him to bark . he was a weird dog he didnt bark on his own at nothing, he barked when we would play with him outside..occasionally u have to realise he probably did 10 barks per week(and by ten barks i mean ONE ruff! equaled one bark, it was one bark by saying "hey c'mon and play!". he was extremely friendly and a happy dog. well i understand and my parent have complained about this barking of another dog, but they went up to him and told him, . i cant remember the letter guys but almost every word was very offensive!-all that i can say is they definetly knew us where they got the information from but twisted it to sound mean.
i would understand if my dog barked at nothing and they gave us a note please saying to stop our dog from barking,, then saying they dont want to say their name cuz they dont know how we would react...THATS FINE. The point is there letter was nothing of the sort , and the point isu dont know what WEIRD ppeople (hence the word "weird neighbours" are going to do.... yes buckshot could have been anybody but naturally my thoughts linger to the person who wrote this note
thanku Mellissa, exactly what i meant!!

Y

yuckaduck

Barking dogs falls under the noise by-laws of your township. Here where I live it is not more than 15 mins of contiuous barking. First time it is a warning, second time it is a $150 fine and third time they are allowed to remove the dog. Been there with a dog we babysat for three weeks. We ended up muzzling the dog most of the time, because even the shocking bark collar did not stop him. I was so happy to see his daddy pick him up. They live in the country and at the time I was in an apartment building, big difference. Poor dog, he goes to kennels now instead because he can bark there and no problems or complaints.

Me I could care less, dogs bark it is the way it is and complaining just seems silly. I know that once in awhile my neighbours dog [pup] will get yapping, but I just turn the tv on and problem solved. Why bother worrying because maybe Yuck barks once in awhile too she doesn't complain.

My neighbor is a jack@$$. He complains about dogs barking, even when its not my dogs, to me. We've been in numerous verbal fights and hes threatened me many times. I had to threaten him back so he doesn't try anything with my dogs.

I don't understand my other neighbor with a baby has never complained but this guy happens to hear every single noise my dog makes.

Members online

No members online now.