Need to stop caffeine... Ideas?

Fran27

OK I have to stop having caffeine again for a treatment I'm going to start in 2 weeks. Needless to say, I'm tired, grumpy, and I have headaches, lol. I don't drink coffee though, just tea and diet coke usually.

Does anyone know a way of preventing sleepiness without caffeine? It would be ok if it wasn't for Tips' tantum every morning between 6 and 7, but I'm on the second day and I'm already very tired.

I've heard excercise and eating healthy. Can try the second one, but for the first one, it's too hot and I won't be allowed once the treatment starts anyway.

I had to stop in May too for 3 weeks, and it wasn't that bad after the first week or so, I just did the mistake of having some again afterwards...

Any advice?

maui

Try having a tiny amount sugar & protein in the morning, earlier than you normally would. Like a hardboiled egg and something sweet, like good jam on some toast. Stay away from all carb breakfasts, they'll make it worse for you. But, a little sugar will wake you up, the protein will level you off.

During this time up your water to a liter in the morning as well. You'll pee like a racehorse, but eventually your system will adjust. Your skin will be awesome.

Be careful if you get headaches. Try to tough them out. If you take otc meds, they sometimes make it worse because they too have caffeine, so you don't get used to not having it.... am I making sense?

Hope the treatment goes well.

luvmydogs

i need caffeine too. i'm addicted to pepsi. i was just wondering, do u have a thyroid problem? i have a hyperactive thyroid and the energy thats supposed to last all day, is burnt within 5 minutes..thats what makes me always tired

Fran27

I don't think so, I had some testings done and they were normal. My metabolism sucks though, lol.

Well, up to drink a liter of water :D

Debi

I played a mental trick on myself by switching to decaf tea. I did get the headache for a couple days, but by still drinking the decaf or green tea...I 'soothed' myself. :) I stick to decaf diet coke when I feel a whim for something cold...but the water is the ticket. I drink coffee in the AM, so for anyone cutting back there it helps to slowly wean off (no headaches that way) by making a pot of 1/2 decaf, 1/2 reg...and slowly ending with all decaf...til none. Hope you do well with your treatments! I also toss a little lemon into my water..it's such a perk. :)

Members online

No members online now.