Thanks, smkie!!!!!!!

Look what my Mom had smkie do for me for my birthday!!!! It's SOOOO COOOL and SOOOO thoughtful! It's a beautifully painted rock that is painted as a bunny!!! For my garden or inside! And on the bottom is a little drawing of Hunter chasing a bunny! I LOVE IT!!!! THANK YOU! (the pic is cut off for some reason, but you get the bunny at least -- and the top of Hunter's head -- LOL)...

LOL! The birthday grrrrl is always the last to know . . . :p Your Mama has been so excited about getting that to you - and Smkie's been beside herself getting it just perfect - then worrying about getting it there on time :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
he looks wonderful there..i didn't get a pic before i mailed him to Grammy so these are wonderful for my collection..Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

bubbatd

Grammy's finally back on !!!!!!! Electricity was hooked up at 4:30 A.M. So I was able to have coffee this morning !! Amy was so pleased with her bun-bun !!! Those eyes are soooooooooooooo beautiful. Kisses, Smkie !!!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXssssssss

bubbatd

Glad you showed that !!! My 'puter is sooooooooooooooooo show today !!!! I guess the storm didn't help it any !!!!!

Finally got the pic to cooperate! Full pic of me with my favorite bunny and dog! Complete with Hunter's famous bally which never leaves his mouth! :rolleyes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
better be careful with that tennis ball hunter, my charlie swallowed one and it wasn't even cracked! I am so glad you are happy! you know hunter had to chase that bunny a long way to get bonny there on time!

smkie... I just noticed that was a tennis ball and not his all-time-favorite red Kong ball that's bigger! I've heard of dogs swallowing them. My Gawd, what happened when Charlie swallowed one??!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my neighbor called me and said "your dog just s*** a tennis ball..when i went out to see , oh my he did. I will retreive his pic from the gallery and post..elin you would have loved him. He trialed for 7 years always merited if not placed and these were open all age sanctioned field trials as well.. they had to scratch one test because he ran as a test dog for the open and he was under a year old..when they found that out they scratched the test..he was that good, that intelligent, and that beautiful too. He saved my life twice.
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=4149&cat=500&ppuser=2623 we had a tennis court behind us and he would try to sneak the balls inside..an absolute nono because then he would throw the ball and tackle it sending furniture flying...he loved to put his ball in a bowl or box or bathtub and then pounce on it..as you can see that was alot of muscle. He worked the field every day..was a helper dog for training the others as well.

OMIGOD! The tennis ball travelled all the way through??!!!! Did he not show any signs of distress??!!! I've heard of a dog getting a tennis ball lodged before and the owner performed the heimliech mannuever (sp) on him to get it out. It worked. Why was he disqualled from the trials? Because of being less than a year old?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i had no idea..he was a large labrador..and pride of my existance at that time..i was 13 when i was allowed first pick of a blitz and bows BB pup..i worked hard, and my boss knew how to perk a kid's interest in training..this was a tremendous gift. Did you see his pic? it is the only one i have after the fire and so many moves..i lost his trophys and ribbons too during a divorce.
Nah, I hadn't entered him in the open...they were looking for a test dog..first the judges drive around forever, and then set up a test with two gunners and two "birdboys" i was always voted in as the marshall when i wasn't around..funny how that happend every dang time so i had to be there to round up the next dog to the line, and let the dog after that know to get ready. That is why i say i learned alot, i didn't get to sit back like the others and rest and chat while i waited my turn, i saw every dog run the test..at every trial for about 12 years. So anyway they needed a test dog and i said Charlie's here..they didn't realize he was a pup.. he was extremely large and well muscled, even at that time. I use to throw his bumber down a cliff to the creek, to the island right across and he could scale that bank like u wouldn't believe, he LIKED doing it so his legs were well formed. He could have been a heavy weight boxer if he was a human.

Members online

No members online now.