Baby Powder On Puppy

Lou

is it okay for me to use baby powder as i'm brushing my shih-poo? is it harmful to their skin?

No, baby powder is fine. What are you using it for? Just the smell or to make him more white, or more fluffy?

Lou

mostly for the smell. How often can you bathe your puppy? Some people tell me that bathing him too much will cause dry skin, others say it's ok. I'm so confused. i was thinking once a week, i'd give TJ a bath. but in between, i'd brush him everyday with baby powder for the smell and to make him softer.

umm I would do it every two weeks or three; If you give them too many baths it will strip the oil out of their skin. It really depends on the dog!

It also depends on what kind of shampoo you use. If you'll use a very mild (like an oatmeal or shea butter) based shampoo with a neutral ph, you can bathe more often if you need or want.

MEG126

i read that for humans anyways, you can like massage baby powder into your scalp to help if it's really oily. i suppose it could be the same for dogs...

Lou

thanks

thanks everyone! .. i'm gonna bathe TJ once a week cuz he gets kinda smelly .. he's a shih-poo .. so i don't kno if those dogs are supposed to smell. He's only 6 months .. is it a puppy smell????

Puppies don't usually have as strong a smell as grown dogs, at least the big ones don't. There may be some different glands causing the odor in a small, long haired dog.

I must admit that one thing that impresses me about the Innova is that my dogs don't have a body odor. Of course, they still smell on a fairly regular basis . . . like cow dung and various and sundry other unspeakable things they've undoubtedly rolled in. (g)

Members online

No members online now.