Smkie's new Avatar

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thanks..i liked the sleeping in the sun too, but thought this would make a good one too..maybe i will switch for Vic and swicth back...i don't know if Mary would mind or not..she is such a wall flower..people always see and make a big deal about Vic so i feel she should have the forward place, but vic is awful pretty to look at..whatcha think? should i change more often?
i noticed yesterday Mary is now getting white hair on her ears..one of her daddy's brown ears turned snow white.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I love seeing Mary there. I'm always thinking about putting CJ or Kona's pic, but I just feel bad taking Max away since he's always been there. I feel like it's his spot. Mary is such a beauty and I love seeing her. I look at CJ like you look at Mary. I see the white hairs appearing on CJ's face and love her more every day.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
then i will switch them around..often..a new fun thing to do now that i know how... :)

gapeach

Big Mutts
I saw the one of Mary and thought it was beautiful. The one of Mr Shaffer is cute too. I do like you switching them. I especially like the black background on them too. Carey has white hairs on her cheeks and chin now and she's only 5. I say she gets early gray from her Daddy's side (the human one) :D James also went premature gray. How old is Mary?

Barb04

Super Moderator
OK, I'll try to make a few pics smaller so all the pets have a chance at stardom in my Avatar.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have lost track of exactly how old mary is, Jim was the one to keep track of all that stuff but now i can't ask him..i think she is 12.

Renee750il said:
Easy - Smkie, put Vic in your signature. Barb, put CJ and Kona in your signature. ;)
Ditto...I was going to say the same thing..Would love to see them all at the same time.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i tried to put a pic in my signature and i didn't see how to but will go back and try again..today

I thought the signature was a little tricky. I had the worse time figuring out how to center it!

I started playing on my husband's computer with his photoshop. Got him to put it on my computer too so I'm addicted to playing with it to see what all I can do with it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you got adobe? try out the filters..i have a blast there..cut paper, shoot u never know which one does wonders..first i take my photo and i go to filters to dust and noise and get rid of that..then i sharpen it back up..sometimes i like render which has the lighting effects..tis all a blast. i have taken some of Aaron's drawings and done some neat things too. Adobe photoshop is just the bomb
ok you go to signature..and find insert image, but after you select it how do you chose your image? i am lost. this is my bronki by the way..it is his special smile he always had for me

You know where you go to get the link for your avatar? Do the same thing, get that host then copy and paste it.

I mess with the filters too. I played with making a picture of my daughter and her family. I added lighting to it but had it to bright and couldnt figure out yet how to undo it. So I started picking all kinds of filters and ended up with the neatest looking background. I told them that's a one of a kind, never to be recreated if I tried. Then he has a water and sunset background I did one for my other daughter. I know who to ask then if I get stuck while I'm learning! He tells me alittle but I'd rather not have to ask him just to show him see, I dont need your help!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there is a gauge right in the middle of lighting where you can adjust the amount from 0 up and the width of the focus..if u do something u don't like, just go to undo and it will revert back. I alwasy duplicate what ever i am working on that way if i screw it up i still have the original..and always save your original in something like tiff because jpg loses resolution and bleeds the color..i found that out the hard way.

How do you get rid of red eye? I've been practicing with this pencil? Is there a tool to use? I've been learning alot from my mistakes. When I first started playing somehow I ruined 2 pictures. I ended up with a background and no dog in the original. That really made me sick. My husband keeps telling me I have to have these pictures developed at a high resolution or as I crop them they get distorted. Which I understand what he's saying but what he doesnt get, I'm practicing, learning. Doesnt matter to me right now that they arent high resolution. Not until I get it good enough to blow one up and frame it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't know how it is officially done..i just enlarge where the spot i want to change is..then i go in with the paint brush and match the color and spot it in..in pixals.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Wow, Smkie, I've never tried what you've described, but I'm going to have to and see what happens.

Love your new avatar today!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
im going to play around with them for awhile..i felt like having a bronki smile today..now maybe a Vic..if u have any trouble i can write out how i fix colors..it is pretty easy but i had to figure it out on my own no class no book so there may be easier ways that i just haven't figured out yet..layers i am still working on.

Members online

No members online now.