My katie

i have some questions on how to make my dog shake a paw?and is it normal for a puppy at 7-8 months to pee on the floor when there scared :confused:

p.s: post ur pics and talk about ur dogs here to please!!!

Saje

Island dweller
katie.lover said:
i have some questions on how to make my dog shake a paw?and is it normal for a puppy at 7-8 months to pee on the floor when there scared :confused:
p.s: post ur pics and talk about ur dogs here to please!!!
Hi Katie. Some dogs nervous pee all of their lives but a lot of those dogs have been abused. Why is your dog scared? Is he just a timid puppy?

To teach shake a paw I picked up my dogs paw and gave a cookie and repeated.

Welcome to the forums!

I havent tried shake yet, but the other day after getting home from work I got peed on while giving a belly scratch. So Im of no help here at all.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I used the same methos as Saje for Chloe, but Lucas was so much easier. When he gets excited he will start pawing so we would say "shake" and give him a treat when he offered a paw.
But you best bet is probably Saje's method.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mom and i are starting to teach Shaffer..will see how long it takes him to learn..he came knowing sit and down. I will teach him by working Mary and Victor at the same time..they learn so fast when they see the other dog do what you want. Tate (mary's mom) would get confused with any s word..so she would try to speak shake and sit all at the same time..she was never sure which one you wanted.

Tell us a little more about Katie so we can give you better advice on why she is peeing.

My Mom has a Rat Terrier named Katy. She earned her name, 'cause when she was a pup, when something happened, you knew Katydid it, lol!

avenlee

Sadie loves shaking with her paw. To teach her, I'd have a treat held up in front her face and say "Give me your Paw" and then just tap her leg a bit. She caught on quickly. She will shift and give you the other one too when you say "Now the other one" Once I had a piece of bacon and said "Give me your Paw" and she kept shifting from one paw to the other without me even saying anything. Looked like she was doing a dance. lol

Nora on the other hand looks at me like I'm crazy when I try it with her. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.