My little piece of France!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Don't know if anyone is interested but it was soooo lovely today I had to take pics of my favourite view to show you Guys! :D

The Viaduct inspired Mr Eiffel to build the Eiffel Tower! I just love this view soo much and wanted to share it with you guys! This is about 5 mins from my house!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Thanks!! Additional info! Viaduct was started in 1863 and finished in 1864! there's a little train that goes over it twice a day!! Sooo cute! And did you know that Mr Eiffel's first name was Gustave!!! Lol! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
But i've lived here quite happily for 3 years without knowing that!! :D I suppose it is good to have some local knowledge! ;)

Saje

Island dweller
It is indeed. People tend to ignore their own communities. There is a lot to learn in this area but I find the 'lifers' know very little. At least the younger ones don't seem to care.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
C'est La vie!! It's a shame! but the saying familiarity breeds contempt is so true!!! You start to not see what is really there!! That's why I don't go up that side of the Valley very often so it's still special when I look at that view!!

Saje

Island dweller
I was at a press conference last week and the day was gorgeous. Like today. I turned around and saw the whole town shining before the snow capped mountains. And I wasn't the only one looking. I think it really caught the attention of everyone there that day.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
It's at times like that you need a camera! But when you take a picture, it's always seems to be lacking something!! Like you guys can't smell what I smelt when I took that picture, you can't feel the heat or wind and you can't see the water flowing in the river below!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Can you post the link pls?! I'm computerly challenged!! And thanks Becca ;)
Doh! Found the link now! :rolleyes:
It's exactly how I imagined it!! Breathtaking!!

Saje

Island dweller
I did. It's under the pic. :) You're right. The pic is lacking. It was a lot warmer that day

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
so true so true Saje..I had to ride Holley the trolly becuase it was hot and my daughter and i were tired of walking so we grabbed the trolley..took a long tour round the city to get 1 mile closer to home..i learned things i had no idea..and have lived here all my life....adore the pics Gustav. i am fascinated with all the places the people of this forum come from. You all seem so close..

Members online

No members online now.